Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Better than Bret Baier w/Brit Hume: Berkowitz w/14th CD candidate Randy Hultgren on bailouts and Afghanistan; Cable and now Streaming

Jeff Berkowitz:…so you would have been against the bailouts, you would have been against the stimulus. Is there a proposal coming from you and other Republicans that you would have done in place [of those programs] or would you have just said let the natural forces work their way out and things would get better?
**********************************************
State Sen. and 14th CD Candidate Randy Hultgren [R-Winfield]: Both of those guys…I like them. I have enjoyed working with them out on the campaign trail, talking with them. What separates me is the service I’ve already provided on the County Board and as a State Representative and as a State Senator for that District. And, I represent a fair amount of that Kane County and DuPage County area of the 14th Cong. District…and they have seen that I am there representing them. And I think that’s the biggest problem right now in the 14th Cong. District is that there is a feeling by all of us-- I’m a constituent there-- and I just feel like my congressman [Bill Foster] isn’t responding to us. [Watch the show with Sen. Hultgren]
***********************************************
The "Public Affairs," show featuring Randy Hultgren, 14th Cong. Dist. Candidate and State Senator (R-Winfield) is airing this week (Week of Oct. 5) in the North and Northwest Chicago Metro suburbs in its regular slot. The Suburban airing schedule is included, below.
********************************
Watch the show with State Senator and 14th CD candidate Hultgren on your computer.
*********************************
Tuesday night (tonight) at 8:30 pm on Comcast Cable Channel 19 in Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove Village, Hoffman Estates, parts of Inverness, Lincolnwood, Morton Grove, Niles, Northfield, Palatine, Rolling Meadows and Wilmette

and Tuesday night(tonight) at 8:30 pm on Comcast Cable Channel 35 in Arlington Heights, Bartlett, Glenview, Golf, Des Plaines, Hanover Park, Mt. Prospect, Northbrook, Park Ridge, Prospect Heights, Schaumburg, Skokie, Streamwood and Wheeling.

and on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8:30 pm on Comcast Cable Channel 19 in Bannockburn, Deerfield, Ft. Sheridan, Glencoe, Highland Park, Highwood, Kenilworth, Lincolnshire, Riverwoods and Winnetka.
***************************************************
The show with 14th CD candidate and State Senator Randy Hultgren (R-Winfield) also airs this coming Monday night throughout the City of Chicago at 8:30 pm on Cable Ch. 21 and in Aurora and surrounding areas at 7:30 pm on ACTV-10. The Aurora station, ACTV-10, aka Aurora Community Television, Comcast Cable Ch. 10, reaches all of Aurora, Bristol, Big Rock and parts of Oswego, Sandwich, Sugar Grove and Montgomery.
***********************************************
The show with Senator Hultgren includes a far ranging discussion of domestic and foreign public policy issues with show host and executive legal recruiter Jeff Berkowitz, including, among other topics, Senator Hultgren's views about healthcare insurance reform, more troops for Afghanistan, bailouts, economic stimulus program, free trade, card check, the Iraq War, the preformance of Congress and of Cong. Bill Foster (D-14th CD) and much, much more.
*************************************************
700 Billion dollar Bailout

Randy Hultgren, State Senator [R-Winfield] and 14th CD Republican Primary candidate: …If I was there, I would have voted against the [700 billion dollar Bailout of the Financial Sector], I think it is just too much of a burden that we are passing onto future generations…
***************************************
An alternative Republican approach to bailouts and stimulus programs?

Jeff Berkowitz: …the economic stimulus, 800 billion dollars, you would have voted against that?

State Sen. Randy Hultgren: I think I probably would have.

Jeff Berkowitz:…so you would have been against the bailouts, you would have been against the stimulus. Is there a proposal coming from you and other Republicans that you would have done in place [of those programs] or would you have just said let the natural forces work their way out and things would get better?

State Sen. Randy Hultgren: …I think that’s a big part of it… having natural forces work…the free market is what has set us apart as a nation for so long and some times things need to fail. I don’t like that. It’s not a pleasant process to go through, but sometimes when we have Government Motors-

Let AIG fail?

Jeff Berkowitz:…you would have let AIG fail, that 85 billion dollar bailout?

State Sen. Randy Hultgren: I don’t know.

Jeff Berkowitz: You might have.

State Sen. Randy Hultgren: I might have. I would have looked at it.
***************************************
Referendum on Speaker Hastert?

Jeff Berkowitz: One of your [primary] opponents is Ethan Hastert

State Sen. Randy Hultgren: Hm hm.

Jeff Berkowitz: Son of Speaker Hastert.

State Sen. Randy Hultgren: Right.

Jeff Berkowitz: Former Speaker Hastert. Is this Republican Primary …going to become in part a referendum on Speaker Hastert and his performance at least during the last few years that he was there.

State Sen. Randy Hultgren: I hope not.

Looking backward or moving forward?

Jeff Berkowitz: Are you alluding to that because you said…you haven’t been happy with what the Republicans were doing in Congress?

State Sen. Randy Hultgren: …What I do allude to is what I think we need to be doing about issues right now and where we go in the future, recognizing that both parties have made misstates in the past but who is in the best position…and this is my argument as I talk to people out in the 14th CD about why I am the best candidate to win against Bill Foster next November…is that I can talk about …mistakes that are being made right now and how we move forward…my fear is that other candidates maybe wouldn’t be able to do that as well as I would.
************************
Hultgren? Hastert? Vargas? Foster?

Jeff Berkowitz: Are you referring to Ethan Hastert? Are you referring to Mark Vargas?...

State Sen. Randy Hultgren: Both of those guys…I like them. I have enjoyed working with them out on the campaign trail, talking with them. What separates me is the service I’ve already provided on the County Board and as a State Representative and as a State Senator for that District. And, I represent a fair amount of that Kane County and DuPage County area of the 14th Cong. District…and they have seen that I am there representing them. And I think that’s the biggest problem right now in the 14th Cong. District is that there is a feeling by all of us-- I’m a constituent there-- and I just feel like my congressman [Bill Foster] isn’t responding to us.
***************************
Jeff Berkowitz, Show Host/Producer of "Public Affairs," and Executive Legal Recruiter doing legal search can be reached at JBCG@aol.com. *************************************************************
"Public Affairs," is a weekly political interview show airing in Chicago on CANTV, in the Chicago metro area, Aurora and Rockford on Comcast and also often on the Illinois Channel. You can watch the shows, including archived shows going back to 2005, here.
**************************************************************
More than 100 of our shows from the last two years are posted on the Public Affairs YouTube page .